Strategic Planning: The Benefits of Using a Roadmap
Synopsis: In today’s data-driven world, having a good strategic plan that leads to reliable and valid outcomes data is necessary. A good strategic plan ensures that your mission, goals, objectives, activities, strategies, and evaluation plan are in perfect, 2- way alignment, both downward and upward, and yields the type of accountability and data that you desire.
Learning Objectives: After reading and learning from this resource guide, you should be able to:
- Explain the importance of having a clearly understood starting point.
- Describe the importance of milestones/checkpoints along the way.
- Explain why not having a strategic plan is like driving while blind.
- List the questions that cannot be answered if an organization is driving blind.
- Describe the 1795 method of strategic planning and the benefits it brings.