Sustainability by Building Capacity
Synopsis: Although sustainability of grant-funded programs and projects is more important today than it was 20 years ago, many grant-funded projects still end when the grant money “dries up.” Why is this? Is it inevitable? Read this resource guide to learn how training your replacements builds community capacity and increases the odds of sustainability.
Learning Objectives: After reading and learning from this resource guide, you will be able to:
- Describe why sustainability has become more important over time.
- Explain what training your replacement means.
- List and describe the steps of the “Three E’s” Model.
- Define a community-based-participatory model and its importance.
- Define building community capacity
- Describe how program planners can increase sustainability by using the Three E’s to train his/her replacements in a community-based- participatory model.