Funding My Program
Synopsis: Having enough money to operate is a good thing! Obtaining steady funding is a continual challenge for many community-based, organizations and non-profits. When an organization relies on grant funding and philanthropy to survive, they face a number of challenges, including the busy schedules of the Executive Director/CEO and staff members. In this resource guide, we will examine common challenges, resources needed, and multiple ways of funding a program.
Learning Objectives: After reading and learning from this resource guide, you should be able to:
- Describe the typical process that occurs when organizations lose funding.
- Explain what factors contribute to greater program evaluation costs.
- Describe common resources that are needed to fund programs.
- Explain the pros and cons of using internal and external personnel.
- Describe six ways of funding a program.