In this October 2023 episode, host Tim Jordan interviews the nieces of Nancy Cruzan: Angela Broaddus and Miranda Lewis. Their Aunt Nancy was at the center of the first “right to die” case ever heard by the United States Supreme Court. Together, Tim and his guests explore this topic:
Who was Nancy Cruzan?
Resources for this podcast:
- National Institutes of Health (NIH): Advance Care Planning: Advance Directives for Health Care. https://www.nia.nih.gov/health/advance-care-planning-advance-directives-health-care
- The University of Texas, MD Anderson Cancer Center: Advance Care Planning: 6 Steps for Planning Your Future. https://www.mdanderson.org/cancerwise/advance-care-planning-4-steps-for-planning-your-future.h00-158828856.html
- CaringInfo: Download and complete your State or Territory’s Advance Directive Forms in PDF format. Free! No Lawyer Needed. https://www.caringinfo.org/planning/advance-directives/by-state/
- Two Courses on How to Do Advance Care Planning: Course # 1: For the U.S. public. Course # 2: For future or current nurses and health care providers. https://1795group.com/buy/
- Webb City School District: https://wcr7.org/
- Center for Practical Bioethics: The Case of Nancy Cruzan
- The Washington Post: The Long Death and Nancy Cruzan. December 29, 1990
- The New England Journal of Medicine: Editorial article written by George J. Annas, J.D. MPH. September 6, 1990. https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJM199009063231010
- The American Medical Association Journal of Ethics: Departed, Jan. 11, 1983; At Peace, Dec. 26, 1990. Written July, 2001 by Sara Taub, MA.
Caring for the Dying: A Workshop Review. https://1795group.com/product/caring-for-the-dying-a-workshop-review/
• Listen to all episodes of Grass Roots Health: FREE! https://1795group.com/podcast/ or wherever people get podcasts.
• Blogs on Important Issues: Free! https://1795group.com/blog/
Interested in becoming a sponsor of this podcast? Thoughts? Feedback? Suggestions for topics or guests? Email firstname.lastname@example.orgGrass Roots Health is sponsored by the 1795 Group. www.1795group.com Produced and hosted by Tim Jordan. Angela Broaddus and Miranda Lewis were booked by Tim Jordan. Art work done by Danielle Procopio. Audio editing and mastering done by Christopher Stoll of Audio Flare Recording, Toledo, OH: https://www.audioflare.com/