In this November 2023 episode, host Tim Jordan explores this question with his two guests: Why don’t more American adults do this? Do what? Advance Care Planning. Only about 1 in 3 American adults have done Advance Care Planning. Yet it is free! Why have so few done this?
Special Guests, Debra Jackson, RN of VITAS Health Care and Kimberly Schmidt, RN of Promedica Health System help Tim answer this very perplexing and important question.
Resources for this podcast:
- VITAS Health Care: www.vitas.com
- PROMEDICA Hospice: www.promedicahospice.org
- PROMEDICA Ebeid Hospice: www.promedicahospice.org/ebeid
- Two Courses on How to Do Advance Care Planning: Course # 1: For the U.S. public. Course # 2: For future or current nurses and health care providers. https://1795group.com/courses/
- Advance Care Planning: Advance Directives for Health Care – National Institutes of Health, National Institute on Aging https://www.nia.nih.gov/health/advance-care-planning-advance-directives-health-care
- The University of Texas, MD Anderson Cancer Center: Advance Care Planning: 6 Steps for Planning Your Future. https://www.mdanderson.org/cancerwise/advance-care-planning-4-steps-for-planning-your-future.h00-158828856.html
- CaringInfo: Download and complete your State or Territory’s Advance Directive Forms in PDF format. Free! No Lawyer Needed. https://www.caringinfo.org/planning/advance-directives/by-state/
Caring for the Dying: A Workshop Review. https://1795group.com/product/caring-for-the-dying-a-workshop-review/
• Listen to all episodes of Grass Roots Health: FREE! https://1795group.com/podcast/ or wherever people get podcasts.
• Blogs on Important Issues: Free! https://1795group.com/blog/
Interested in becoming a sponsor of this podcast? Contact me at:
Thoughts? Feedback? Suggestions for topics or guests? Contact me at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Grass Roots Health is sponsored by the 1795 Group. www.1795group.com
Produced and hosted by Tim Jordan. Debra Jackson and Kimberly Schmidt were booked by Tim Jordan. Art work done by Danielle Procopio. Audio editing and mastering done by Christopher Stoll of Audio Flare Recording, Toledo, OH: https://www.audioflare.com/